Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Introducing....365 Day Diary Challenge!

Happy January and Happy New Year!

    I’m a day late, I know, but better late than never, right?  Without further ado, I introduce..... 365 DAY DIARY CHALLENGE!

Jan. 1 - What is your biggest goal this year?

Hmm... Ok. So the first thing that crossed my mind was lose weight. I know, I know. That’s 1) totally cliche and 2) totally NOT what your biggest goal is.  I  guess I would have to say get in shape, NOT lose weight. Now, all my friends, if they read this, would be like, “But you do gymnastics! You’re in shape!!”. My family, if they read this, would say, “You’re the fittest person in this family!” Which, by the way, is probably not true. My brother, though he doesn’t look it, is probably the fittest person in our family AT THIS VERY MOMENT.
Why, you may ask, is this my goal? Okay, it’s true, I do do gymnastics twice a week, for a total of 3 hours a week. But my classes are back to back, and other than walking up and down the stairs at my school to both my locker and my physics class (which I do at least 6 times a day), I don’t really exercise outside of class. On top of that, one of my coaches will be leaving for nursing school at the end of the month, and I have no idea who will replace her. I’m considering keeping one gymnastics class and taking up yoga, but who wants to do yoga by themselves with a bunch of adults? Not. Me.
    Also, and maybe this is a bad thing, I feel like I would be happier if I was fitter. Right now, I honestly do worry about how I look in clothes, even though I know that you’re not supposed to. Honestly though, who always does what they’re supposed to? If I was fit and 100% confident in how I look, I think that I would be happier, because I would be so confident in myself, and that’s a good thing!
    So maybe, at the heart of all of this discussion about appearance, my biggest goal really isn’t being fit or losing weight, but about being more confident in myself. I’ll need to reflect on that, and I’ll report later.

Au revoir,
Turtle  

No comments:

Post a Comment