Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome, one and all!

Welcome!


     'Ello, there reader, and welcome to Turtle's Whirled! I'm Turtle, and I've been put in charge of your brain for the duration of your visit to this here blog! [Sorry, had to momentarily channel my inner Alaskan gold miner/moonshiner/19th century cowboy]

     Personal introductions [along with basically anything having to do with my talking to or interacting with people I don't know or like] aren't really my thing, but I'll try my best.

     I will only go by Turtle on this Blog, because frankly, the Internet is kind of a creepy place. Why Turtle? Well, you see, people kind of totally freak me out, so two of my friends took it upon themselves to find an original nickname (because I have, like, a lot) that suited my personality rather than just playing around with my name. They decided on Turtle because I like to retreat into my "turtle shell" whenever people are starting to particularly freak me out. Which, sadly, happens at least once a day.

    I'm a female between the grades of 9 and 12, who doesn't wear that much makeup and loves clothes that hide the fact that I am less than skinny/thin/in fantastically amazing shape. Between last August and today, I only remember having used a blow dryer and straightening my hair three times, and I think the longest I've gone without washing my hair in that time period was 4 days. Trust me, I know that's gross and I totally regret it. The only "sleepover" I had during summer was camping with a friend for 4-5 days, and the last sleepover I had was in September. As you can probably tell, I'm a wild and crazy party animal who absolutely does not live in books. I mean, come on. :)

   Despite the aforementioned facts on my fashion, hair and makeup routines, I'm following 4 beauty gurus on YouTube, and I love those videos. But I suppose that you don't have to wear a ton of makeup or be an expert on hair styles beyond the ever fabulous pony tail and the forever glamorous set of braided pig tails to enjoy watching style hauls and beauty tag videos. So there.

  I'm classified at my place of learning as a definite nerd, possible nobody. But I don't mind at all. I've got my friends and they're all I need. Someday my prince will come, but that day hasn't happened yet, so for right now, I'm single and ready for something healthier than a Pringle. Unless, of course, that Pringle happens to be Sour Cream and Onion. Anyway, back to school. I'm pretty sure my teachers like me, probably because I do my homework and score pretty well on tests, exams and the like. I won't blabber on about school though, because I know that I'm one of a very rare breed that actually enjoys it (except for homework and being surrounded by people that I don't know/like).

   I'm just now realizing that I wrote four paragraphs on myself. I'm pretty proud. Pretty proud.

  So, I should close off this introduction before I kill you with more sorry attempts at humor and berate your mind with random facts. Since I just started this blog this morning, don't have a lot planned for right now. I'm going to try my very best to do a 365 Day Diary Challenge, because I've always wanted to keep a continuous diary, but with an average life and no prompts, it's been difficult.  So, stayed tuned if you feel so inclined, I'll try to make it as exciting a ride as an average girl can. If you have suggestions for postings, I'd be happy to think them over, other wise I'm going to be trying things out for a while.

Peace,
     Turtle 

No comments:

Post a Comment