Friday, January 4, 2013

Diary - Jan. 4

Jan. 4 - Where you’d like to be in 10 years.

    10 years...... that’s a long time. If I only did 4 years of college, I’d be out with several years to spare. If I went to Medical School (no chance!), I’d still be in....
    I should probably start off with saying that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life, and that is just fine. I know what I don’t want to do, and that’s basically anything to do with math or science. I don’t think I want to go to a large school, which is lucky for me, because I seem to be attracting attention from small schools both in California and in the surrounding states. I have no overwhelming desire to go to any school in Southern California, most of which are large schools that everyone and their mother is trying to get into.
    Anyway. Back to the topic at hand. 10 years. I see myself either already graduated from a small liberal arts college or continuing my studies further at, surprise!, a liberal arts college. I’d like to live in a nice apartment in a nice area, right now, I’m feeling a city vibe, like Portland or San Francisco, possibly with friends or a boyfriend. But I don’t think a husband yet. I’ve still got time. I’d really like to have a pet cat, because I love cats. Not in a crazy cat lady sort of way though...I think. Hopefully this cat will be a ragdoll, because while they are pretty expensive, they are TOTALLY ADORABLE. If I’m graduated, I hope that I’m putting my degree to work, but if not, I hope that I love what I’m doing. If I work in an office, hopefully is a fun place like ModCloth, or maybe even a school. If I’m still going to school, I hope that I’m passionately in love with what I’m learning, because I sure am dedicating a lot of time to it!!! I want to travel, so hopefully by 2023 (Oh my gosh, THERE IS NO WAY THAT’S POSSIBLE), I’ll have traveled the country and Europe. At the very least, the United States, Ireland, England, France and Spain. I’ve heard the Netherlands is nice, but frankly, the idea of Amsterdam freaks me out.
    I hope that I have a lot of really great friends, and at least one really close friend nearby whom I can rely on for anything, like Chinese food pig outs, movie nights, etc., maybe...just maybe, this person will be an attractive guy that I have feelings for who will feel the same way I do, you know, warm fuzzies in the tummy and all, whenever he sees me. But, I won’t put that hope on too high a pedestal. I sincerely hope that I’m still in touch with the friends I have now, because they’re really awesome people. I know I can count on family friends, but MY friends that I made ALL BY MY LONESOME. So, if anyone you my friends are reading this and somehow know who I am, I LOVE YOU! DON’T LEAVE ME! I hope that my friends are all successful and love what they do, because they all deserve to, for being such fabulous, outstanding people.
    In 10 years, I hope that my family, immediate and extended, are still close and less divided politically. I mean, we all are going to have to accept the fact that there will be Democratic presidents, and that there will be Republican presidents, and we are NOT ALL GOING TO LIKE THEM. But again, I won’t put this hope on too high a pedestal. I hope that my cousins on my mom’s side are successful in what they do, and that my girl cousin has a happy family with her husband, and that my boy cousin will still be loving our mother country (Canada!) as much as he does now with whoever makes him happy. I hope my older cousins on my dad’s side are all making serious dough, and that my guy cousins there are successful engineers/firefighters/rugby players. Whatever they do, I hope they’re happy. I hope my younger girl cousin is enjoying college, and maybe looking in the mirror a little less, and that my two boy cousins are enjoying high school, staying smart and have bright hopes for the future. Maybe they’ll be hoping to work for Lego and running the Chess Club. But, given the fact that those things aren’t really “cool” once you hit high school, they might abandon them. Such a shame. Who needs to be cool when you have Legos? Not this girl.
    So that’s the gist of it! I hope I’ve enjoyed/am enjoying school, am successful or hoping to be so in whatever job I take, am madly in love with a gorgeous boy who feels the same about me, and have happy friends and family members. We shall see!

    Peace,
        Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment